We are pleased to announce that abstract submission is now open for the 30th CONFERENCE of the AERIAL ARCHAEOLOGY RESEARCH GROUP (AARG)!
This annual conference will take place at the location of the RCE (Dutch Cultural Heritage agency 'Rijksdienst voor het Cultureel Erfgoed'), Smallepad 5, 3811 MG AMERSFOORT in The Netherlands.
Dates: 26-28 September 2013.
The conference will bring together scientists, students, decision makers, end users, and commercial companies that are interested in archaeological remote sensing and will cover all themes related to archaeological remote sensing so that the debate on the use and applicability of remote sensing technologies for archaeology and cultural heritage management applications can continue, not only for research but also for the promotion of conservation and public understanding.
How can our various techniques be deployed in combination with one another, and with what practical outcomes?
- How can we build bridges across regional or national divides?
- What can we learn from combining or comparing our techniques?
- How can we make our results useful to those involved in practical conservation and future planning?
- How do our national or regional realities assist or impede the use of remote sensing techniques in research, conservation and the promotion of public understanding?
You are invited to submit an abstract of maximum 150 words for a proposed presentation/poster on any of the following themes:
- Archaeological remote sensing in the low countries
- Innovative trends
- RS for cultural heritage management
- Human-environment interactions in fluvial systems using RS approaches
- Close range and 3D photogrammetry
Please indicate your presentation preference: oral presentation or poster and provide your full affiliation. Oral papers should be approximately 20 minutes. Equal value is given to poster presentations.
The programme will offer keynote presentations, paper presentation sessions, poster sessions and social events to share your ideas, explore ongoing research, future developments, including state-of-the-art applications, and network with the professionals from academia, government and industry who are interested in promoting archaeological remote sensing activities.
31st of May 2013 Closing date for paper proposals
30th of June 2013 Deadline for early registration fee
22th of July 2013 Closing date for registration
26th – 28th of September 2013 AARG conference days
Presenting authors, oral or poster, are required to pay their registration fee before 30th June 2013, otherwise their contributions will be removed from the final programme.
Please visit this website regularly for more information on abstract submission, registration information, fees and continuous conference updates.